Friday, October 7, 2011

Tonight's the Night

In just minutes I'll be heading out to the car to head up to Portland for a night of dinner with my very good buddy Zach, and the opening of the latest art show I've been accepted into.  I hope everything goes well and by that, I mean that I hope people understand what I was trying to do with my work.  This series has had me so engrossed for so long, I'm a little nervous about how people might take it.  Will they see it as dark or evil?  Or will they see it as me trying to tell a story?  I wish I knew.  Above all else, I hope that it causes some kind of a reaction, good or bad.  For too long, the criticism I've gotten from my work is that it's just there.  There isn't anything memorable about it.  I hope that this show will start to change that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment