Sunday, November 20, 2011

Ghosts of the Present

Just finished another piece for my drawing class.  We had to combine 2 or more photographs into one drawing.  Nothing new for me, so I wanted to include a narrative.  I can’t take credit for the photos used.  I did get them off of a creative commons search, but unfortunately I can’t remember where I got them.  If they happen to be your images, I apologize for not crediting you.  Rest assured I won’t be selling this piece, it’s just for educational purposes.  I messed up and used fixative after I got done with the first figure, making it really hard to go back into the drawing and rework the material, so I went over top of it with white charcoal.  The result was more of a ghost image than I wanted, but it served it’s purpose of what I was going for anyway.  The message is nothing new.  Just taking a look at the beauty of the female form and the idiotic obsession with weight that has been forced into the minds of today’s women.  Hope you like it.

 Ghosts of the Present
2011 Charcoal on Toned Paper
approx. 12x18

2 comments:

  1. I like the very ghostly figure, it's that feeling of who she might want to be inside because it's what society deems is what is necessary or accepted. However for that particular woman, being that thin might take her to the grave as she is not destined to be like that, her beauty comes from her full figure and the curves she has been graced with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So does that mean you like this one?

    ReplyDelete